I am weaning off escitalopram because I can't handle the flattening thing anymore. It's mashed my ability to initiate actions. For example, at the moment I'm getting up at 6:30am so I can make it to work by 9am. (I live less than five minutes drive from work.) I'm arriving at work without having done all the anxiety self-care things I need to do like meditate and go for a little walk in the garden. All I can get done is the basics: wash, put on clothes, take meds, eat breakfast. And even then, I'm arriving while I'm still chewing the last of my cereal. It's a mess.
I haven't written in a month. All I do is play Subnautica and crochet and hug kitties. That's not such a bad existence, but still. At least it's not too hot this week.
saw a white-bellied sea eagle today (I was looking the wrong way, damn it!) which kind of gives me hope, in this environmentapalooza. (They're a recovering species. Something is going right. One thing, anyway.)Fandom Things
- via sharpest_asp
, Multifandom Friendship meme
Go make friends! I mean, if you want. No pressure.
- there's also a friending meme at halfamoon
. Go meet other fans of female characters.
(Ack, that means halfamoon
is nearly over and I didn't write anything. Ugh, brain.)
- A place for crafters, artists, coders, and creators of any variety to share their projects.
- via timetobegin
(who btw runs some excellent icon communities): How to Screencap: A Screencap Guide
(Turns out I have a program that can do this?? I did not even know...)Feelgood things:
- via princessofgeeks
, at Captain Awkward's Patreon: Some Social Media & Media Engagement Hygiene And Self-Care Lessons I've Learned From Spending Several Years On This Hellmouth
- PhD 2048
I'm sorry, person who linked this, I didn't note down your name in my haste to play this iteration of the game. I do not have a PhD and only spent a year in academia but I still find this process hilarious: coffee -> panini -> idea -> code -> etc. Sometimes you get garbage! Sometimes there's a random relationship with a ticking clock. (2048 is a particularly good zone-out game for me.)
- This internet rabbit hole I fell down, starting with an ASL version of Ariana Grande's Seven Rings by an EXTREMELY attractive man in a mesh shirt. ( I'm cutting this because it got a bit scatty )Podcasts I'm enjoying:
- Ologies with Alie Ward
, which is a podcast about sciences.
I'd recommend Egyptology with Kara Cooney, and Testudinology with Amanda Hipps.
- David Tennant Does a Podcast
, which is basically what it says on the bottle. I listened to the first one with Olivia Colman and it was delightful. (He calls her 'Collie' and she calls him 'DT'.) The next one is Whoopi Goldberg.
- Monster S2: The Zodiac Killer
- the first season, when they covered the Atlanta Monster was really intense and confronting, and I bailed on it. Zodiac has a little distance, maybe because of the hype? A lot of the story is the hype itself, and that is really interesting to me, as well as this peek into the way police departments had to learn on the fly how to deal with this kind of killer.
- Shelf Life
, from the Newberry Library in Chicago. I listened to 'Mourning Glory' about the Victorian culture of death and mourning.
- The Case of Charles Dexter Ward
from BBC Four. It's a dramatisation of the HP Lovecraft novel, as if it were being investigated by podcast journalists. Modernised, therefore less rabidly racist than Lovecraft usually is. Good and spoopy!
I understand it's a snowpocalypse for the northern hemisphere people. Please stay safe and warm. (Anyone want a scarf? I've made a bunch of scarves...)